May 21st, 2014: Louder Than Words: 10 Practical Employee Engagement Steps that Drive Results
On May 21st, 2014, members of the HR BioTech Connect group gathered to hear a presentation on a very important topic — how to improve employee engagement. The presentation was delivered by Allan Benowitz of The Employee Engagement Group.
During his 90-minute presentation, Allen presented a variety of strategies and case studies that demonstrate how HR professionals in the BioTech and Life Sciences industries can deal with changing cultures, generations with different expectations, and other factors.
One highlight of the presentation was the playing of the “Who’s Sinking Your Boat” video. Please take a moment to watch it below:
Some of the key takeaway points delivered through this presentation were:
- Communication tools and technologies that maximize engagement
- How to individualize engagement, and engage Gen X and Gen Y
- Specific steps to create a culture of accountability and measurement
- Practices and tools to reinforce and reward the desired behavior
- Tools and approaches to engage first time leaders
- Steps to create a motivational and innovative culture
- Practical real life applications and tools to accelerate and sustain engagement efforts
- Ideas and tools to measure and sustain engagement
- Leveraging social media to brand yourself as an “Employer of Choice”