Please join us on February 12th, 2013 for our next group meeting!
Below are the key details regarding this event. We hope to see you there.
Time: Networking from 8:30 to 9:00, presentation from 9:00 – 10:30
Location: Living Proof
301 Binney St.
Cambridge, MA 02142
RSVP: To register for this event, please contact Jeanne Nicholson.
Title: Do Your Performance Management Processes Do More Harm Than Good?
Founder and Practice Leader
Employee Performance Solutions, LLC
A Leadership IQ study of 48,012 managers and employees discovered that typical performance appraisals are thoroughly disliked (only 6% of CEOs think performance appraisals are useful).
After the performance review process do employees feel better about their job, their boss, organization and HR? Not usually. Most orgs reinvent the PM process and forms every few years thinking the next version will be better.
This session will present a new way forward with pragmatic tools and actions to break bad performance management habits and adopt new and simple ones that make a difference.
Here are some of the key items that you will learn:
- Hear why the worst time to talk about performance is during the annual performance review; learn what to do instead.
- Explore the role of ratings: there’s a better approach.
- See an example of a simple process that can increase the instances of informal yet structured performance conversations between managers and employees (in between formal reviews).
- Identify the parts of your existing tools and process that work (we’ll show you where to find them), keep what’s important and “retire” the parts that are redundant or don’t add value.
- Identify and replace unfriendly performance management distractions so that the process feels more collaborative and developmental.
- See and receive examples of simple and streamlined forms, performance measurement models and rating scales.
- Hear what other organizations have titled their forms; some have done away with the outdated terms of appraisal, evaluation and review.
- Gain insight into how to socialize some of these ideas within your organization and open people’s eyes to new performance management practices and possibilities.
Register today to reserve your spot for this important event!
To RSVP, simply contact Jeanne Nicholson of CBG Benefits. Below is her contact information.
Jeanne L. Nicholson
Click here to email Jeanne >>
CBG Benefits Group, Inc.
P: 781.759.1222 ext: 230
Employee Benefits * Administrative Systems * Payroll Integration