Event Recap: July 2013 – HSA and HRA Bootcamp
On July 11th, 2013, members of the HR BioTech Connect group gathered to learn about health plans that incorporate Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs).
Two industry-leading experts on those subjects were gracious enough to deliver the keynote presentations. Both Jeff Venuti of HealthEquity and Ted Haughey of CBG Benefits did a tremendous job educating HR BioTech Connect members about the ins and outs of HSAs and HRAs.
Here were some of the key takeaways that attendees left the meeting with:
- Clearer understanding of the employer and employee advantages of HSAs and HRAs
- Common industry misconceptions for the proper and improper use of these type of plans
- How these plans can help employers offer stronger benefit packages, build long term cost controls, or possibly both
- The Rules: What you need to know about participation, contribution, and recordkeeping
- The Differences: No one plan fits all situations. How HSAs, HRAs and FSAs differ and what is appropriate for your organization
- Finding Success: Case studies to illustrate how employers and employees can win with HSAs and HRAs
We were greatly encouraged by the positive feedback that we received from members following the meeting, as well as from the lively discussions that occurred during the presentation thanks to questions from the audience.