October 2014: Performance Management Makeover
On October 21st, 2014, all members of HR BioTech Connect are invited to attend our next group meeting. The topic will be quite timely for many: “Performance Management Makeover”.
Tuesday, Oct. 21st, 2014
Theme: “Performance Management Makeover: From Bothersome HR Distraction to Creating Strategic Advantage”
Speaker: Jamie Resker, Founder, Employee Performance Solutions
|RSVP and Location: To reserve your seat and to receive location information, please contact Jeanne Nicholson.|
The performance review is a central HR responsibility and affects everyone in the organization. Ratings, pay decisions and well-meant constructive criticism set up a manager against employee dynamic (with HR seen as enforcer of a process no one likes). This session will provide new thinking, tools and a personalized action plan for remaking and rebranding performance management from HR distraction to a strategic advantage for your organization. Here are some of the key items that you will learn:
- Hear why the worst time to talk about performance is during the annual performance review; learn what to do instead.
- Explore the role of ratings: there’s a better approach.v
- See an example of a simple process that can increase the instances of informal yet structured performance conversations between managers and employees (in between formal reviews).
- Identify the parts of your existing tools and process that work (we’ll show you where to find them), keep what’s important and “retire” the parts that are redundant or don’t add value.
- Identify and replace unfriendly performance management distractions so that the process feels more collaborative and developmental.
- See and receive examples of simple and streamlined forms, performance measurement models and rating scales.
- Hear what other organizations have titled their forms; some have done away with the outdated terms of appraisal, evaluation and review.
- Gain insight into how to socialize some of these ideas within your organization and open people’s eyes to new performance management practices and possibilities.
RSVP Today: To register for this event and to receive location information, please email Jeanne Nicholson at JNicholson@CBGBenefits.com.